Friday, June 26, 2015

Towards a Prayer for GC 2015 (Part 1)

I committed to a discipline of praying daily for our diocesan contingent at the Episcopal Church's General Convention 2015 in Salt Lake City, and for a number of other folks I know who are attending. I'd like to have one prayer / series of prayers to help me focus as I pray, help me to remember some of what I want to be offering to God throughout the day. I may have put it into words (and pictures) by the time GC is over! Meanwhile, here is a start:

Adoration


Our Source, our Beloved, our Strength:
    may we rest in your presence, be simply with you, bathed in your Being.





( Silence)

You have created us:
Our hearts leap for joy in Your presence…




Praise

Sovereign of the universe,
  Creator of hawk and hadron, helium and hummingbird, hemoglobin and human beings,
       You are more majestic than the Rocky Mountains or the Andes,
            Wiser by far than all the greatest human leaders together,
                  More wonderful than words can tell.
You are justice, you are mercy, you are wisdom, you are joy,
   You are the love, we are its instruments, created to play your love for the world.


We long to be known

Wherever we are hidden, you call us each by name --
    we appear like the stars at night singing praise and thanksgiving!

  (to be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment